Safeguarding Supervision and Case Review
It is essential that DSL’s have quality supervision in order to ensure that they are fully effective in their role. This is something that many educational institutions struggle to provide due to the unique position of the DSL within these organisations. We can support your DSL, wider Safeguarding Team or Safeguarding Governor with high quality regular scheduled supervision (face to face or via Skype) or we can support on a more ad-hoc basis in terms of providing specific case by case advice and guidance, or assistance with more complex investigations. Our approach is reflective and non-judgemental so as to effectively improve your practice and continuously improve the overall safeguarding of your students.
- Regular, scheduled supervision meetings supporting the best practice of your DSL team
- In-house Supervision training for all those involved in the management of safeguarding incidents – embedding best practice within your setting
- Development of an effective Supervision Policy and procedures
- Mentoring and coaching for newly appointed DSLs
Advice and Case Review:
- Support with difficult cases or referrals that have not been accepted
- Support in escalating your concerns and challenging decision making
- Support with cases about to be closed by social care
- Independent investigation of incidents
- Providing independent case by case guidance
- ‘On-call’ support via telephone, Skype or e-mail.