Student Wellbeing Workshops & Courses
We are all familiar with statistics such as:
- 20% of adolescents may experience a mental health problem in any given year.
- 50% of mental health problems are established by age 14 and 75% by age 24.
- 10% of children and young people (aged 5-16 years) have a clinically diagnosable mental problem, yet 70% of children and adolescents who experience mental health problems have not had appropriate interventions at a sufficiently early age
(Statistics from the Mental Health Foundation)
We also know that one in three adult mental health problems are directly linked to Adverse Childhood Experiences - including abuse, domestic violence, prejudice or bereavement. Moreover, children and young people who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and trauma are more likely to have low levels of mental wellbeing and life satisfaction, go onto have poor health outcomes and die earlier than their peers.
Thus, ensuring that we are focused on supporting the mental health and wellbeing of students and staff forms a crucial part of our safeguarding responsibilities.
What we offer:
At brightcore consultancy we offer a full range of workshops, interventions and long term programmes focused on educating young people about positive mental health and wellbeing and can work with you to deliver highly effective Mental Health and Wellbeing Education in the most cost effective way.
We deliver the following student focused workshops:
- The Mindfulness in School Project’s ‘.b’ course consisting of 10 - 14 consecutive weekly sessions of approximately one hour. These can either be timetabled as part of an enrichment course, or scheduled after school. (Ages 11 to 18)
- Mindfulness for younger years – we can support you in developing Mindfulness programmes (6 weeks to year-long) in your institution (for Ages 4-11).
- Relax Kids sessions; standalone 1-2 hour workshops or regular, weekly sessions. (Ages 6 to 10).
- Bespoke Stress Management Workshops. These can be designed to suit the needs of your institution, ranging from one-hour standalone workshops for key groups of students, to co-ordinated year group enrichment days involving a number of stress management and relaxation workshops, ranging from mindfulness to yoga, tai chi and aromatherapy.
- Exam Anxiety Workshops
- Developing Student Mental Health Action Groups