Since launching Brightcore Consultancy in 2018, we have become the trusted partner in safeguarding and child protection compliance for hundreds of schools. Our training is written and delivered by experienced DSLs and Senior Leaders who understand the dynamic and ever-evolving landscape of safeguarding legislation and guidance. We’re here to provide you with the expertise and support needed to stay informed, up to date, and fully compliant.
Collaborating with Your Team
Safeguarding and child protection requirements can be intricate, and our mission is to work alongside you and your team to navigate this complex field. With a wealth of experience, knowledge, and understanding, the team at Brightcore Consultancy are here to ensure your safeguarding compliant and empower you with the knowledge and confidence to deliver excellence in this area.
The Power of Bespoke Safeguarding Audit & External Review
Our bespoke and highly-rated Safeguarding Audit and External Review Service are tailored to meet your unique needs. The core purpose of this service is to provide expert support and help you develop a high-quality improvement plan that seamlessly integrates into your broader strategic development. By doing so, you can be certain that you're not only meeting but exceeding all current statutory and regulatory requirements.
Don't just take our word for it, read one of our latest testimonials from the Headteacher Jon Clinton, St Ambrose Barlow Catholic Primary School:
As a new headteacher expecting an imminent Ofsted inspection, I felt I needed external quality assurance from a safeguarding professional. Brightcore was that company and Oliver Welsby provided a fantastic service. So far, we have booked him twice: once to do the audit and then again 12 months later to show progress and give the school further points for improvement. Oliver was fully professional and his knowledge around safeguarding is second to none, whether this be current practice, KCSIE updates, case reviews, or DfE/Ofsted requirements. Before his arrival, Oliver audited our website and reviewed our policies and, during the meetings, shared documents and risk assessments that further enhanced our provision.
What to expect in a Comprehensive Safeguarding Review
We understand that every education setting is different, and your safeguarding review should reflect your specific circumstances. However, our standard full safeguarding review is exceptionally thorough and typically encompasses a three-day process, including a full day on-site. Here's a glimpse of what this comprehensive review entails:
1. Pre-Visit Website and Policy Analysis: Our experts will conduct a detailed pre-visit review of your website and all available policies related to safeguarding.
2. Evaluation of Your Annual Safeguarding Audit and Action Plan: We'll assess your annual safeguarding audit and action plan, which can be submitted either in advance or on the day of the review.
3. Meetings with Key Stakeholders: We'll conduct meetings with various key stakeholders within your organisation, including the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), the IT lead, senior administrative officer/HR lead, the Safeguarding Governor/Trustee, the PSHE/RSHE curriculum lead, The Educational Visits Coordinator, The Designated Senior Mental Health Lead, SENDCO, The Attendance Officer, a sample of staff, a sample of pupils/students, and we'll also tour your site.
4. Review of Documentation: Our team will review critical documentation, including the Single Central Record, case management, the recording of concerns, training logs, Health and Safety Policy, Medical Needs Policy, Attendance Policy, LAC Policy, Anti-Bullying Policy, Physical Intervention Policy, safeguarding information for visitors, and the Online Safety Policy and Agreement Forms. These policies will be reviewed in advance if they are available on your website.
5. Evaluation of Safeguarding Management: We'll delve into how your school manages the safeguarding agenda, looking at roles, responsibilities, and their alignment with job descriptions.
Our comprehensive safeguarding review is designed to ensure that you’re setting not only meets but exceeds all safeguarding requirements. We'll work closely with your team to provide insights, guidance, and a clear path to safeguarding excellence.
If you're ready to enhance your safeguarding practices and maintain compliance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.